Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We’re looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel, Data Privacy to join our team who will work closely with business stakeholders around the company. The successful candidate will be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide US and global data privacy law advisory support with particular emphasis on HIPAA/HITECH, CMIA, CCPA and GDPR.
- Draft, negotiate, and close privacy and data protection agreements with company customers.
- Provide proactive and strategic legal and privacy advice regarding the generation and sharing of mental health data, acquisition and management of third-party sourced data.
- Partner with the information security team on security-related issues in negotiations, and enforcement of company policies.
- Work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Maintain understanding of new and evolving data protection regulations.
- Provide advice on the development and deployment of evolving technology solutions, such as mobile applications and artificial intelligence to support development and launch of innovative products and services in compliance with privacy and security legal obligations.
- Provide advisory assistance to senior leadership by evaluating whether security incidents trigger supervisory and/or data subject notification.
What we expect from you:
- 6+ years of legal experience, preferably in-house with a successful, high-growth enterprise SaaS company or with a law firm that advises such organizations, with 3+ years emphasis on privacy and/or security
- Knowledge of worldwide data protection regulations, including GDPR and HIPAA
- Working knowledge of SaaS industry cybersecurity concepts and security certifications
- Ability to recognize the various areas where sensitive information is collected and working with leadership to ensure that it is securely managed by the company
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- The ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Experience scaling sales and legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Service-oriented, professional and strong integrity
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information
- Candidates having relevant data privacy certifications (e.g. CIPP, CHPC, etc.) strongly preferred
Benefits of working at Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
Access to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessions
Unlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays
16-18 weeks paid parental leave
$500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
Calm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days
Donation matching to support your favorite causes
Employee resource groups
Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock options
Employer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.