Senior Corporate Counsel at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:54 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, August 19, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva is looking for an experienced corporate attorney with a strong background in public company representation and strategic transactions to be a part of our collaborative legal team. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate, you will be a key member of the legal team focusing on supporting Veeva’s finance team with regulatory filings, including those with the SEC, and corporate development team with complex corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with high integrity and will be able to prioritize and manage multiple competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an upbeat and customer-focused attitude. You also enjoy working collaboratively with other team members both inside and outside the legal function and are able to communicate effectively at all levels. Both Veeva and the legal team have grown over the years, and you will have opportunities for growth and expansion alongside.
What You'll Do
- Support the timely satisfaction of SEC and NYSE compliance and reporting obligations, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, proxy statements, including shareholder proposals and proxy solicitation, and Section 16 reporting, including Forms 3, 4 and 5
- Support global strategic investment activities from start to finish, including due diligence, drafting, and negotiation of definitive documentation, coordinating of closing, and post-closing integration mattersAssist in advising the Investor Relations, Corporate Communications and Marketing teams in reviewing external communications, including the corporate website, press releases, earnings announcements and investor presentations, and assisting in ESG-focused investor outreach
- Assist in corporate secretary duties, including preparing Board and Board committee meeting materials and minutes, maintenance of corporate records, and other governance-related matters
- Work with a corporate paralegal to provide legal assistance to the Treasury and Finance teams on intercompany agreements, entity formation and management, and governance of Veeva’s global corporate structure
- Support the continuous improvement of internal policies and processes
- Coordinate with outside counsel globally on a variety of matters as needed
- Provide legal advice and support in a wide array of practice areas and special projects as needed
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a top law firm or in-house legal department, specifically in federal securities law and M&A, with capital markets experience a plus
- Experience leading transactions across all stages of the deal cycle
- Strong background in SEC reporting and disclosures (including reviewing and advising on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, proxy statements, and Section 16 reporting)
- Familiarity advising on governance-related matters, including stock exchange requirements and ESG initiatives
- Working knowledge of executive compensation arrangements, including equity plans and 10b5-1 trading plansStrong academic background, including J.D. from a top U.S. law school
- Membership in at least one U.S. state bar (ideally where the position is located)Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines, and adapt to change in a dynamic environment, all while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral) and strong attention to detail
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]