We're looking for a (Senior) Corporate Counsel to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Legal, Privacy & Compliance team to provide legal and strategic support across the entire company. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, you'll work efficiently to drive our business forward while maintaining high standards for professionalism and compliance. This role will provide product, regulatory, commercial and compliance support to our Research business. This role may also support associated business development and partnership activities, as well as other legal matters that inevitably arise throughout our day. Working collaboratively with other members of the department, these roles will work across the company to identify needs, advise and counsel clients, and help Flatiron’s business to grow. This role can be based in our San Francisco or New York City offices. Level will be determined based on experience and through the interview process.
In addition, you'll also:
- Collaborate with various teams within Flatiron, including Product, Engineering, Life Sciences Partnerships, Trials, Academics, Business Development, People Ops, Finance, Marketing/Communications and others to provide strategic and legal guidance on matters associated with Flatiron’s research activities
- Lead, from beginning to end, the structuring, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and closing of corporate and commercial transactions. The successful attorney in this role will manage a diverse scope of issues, and identify and evaluate many business and legal issues simultaneously
- Represent the needs and concerns of Flatiron when interacting with clients, vendors, and other partners
- Provide creative, practical and principled legal solutions for all areas of the business
- Continually review and analyze legal risks and opportunities to Flatiron from the changing regulatory and competitive environments
- Assist with a broad range of other healthcare regulatory matters, client training and compliance policy development
- Build training and other processes to allow Flatiron’s teams to execute within a clear legal framework
You’ll work closely with the Assistant General Counsel, other members of the Legal, Privacy & Compliance department and cross-functional teams to work across the company to identify needs, advise and counsel clients, and allow Flatiron’s business to grow.Who You Are
You're a resourceful attorney with 5+ years of significant legal experience representing healthcare or life sciences companies. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a JD Degree and are a member and in good standing of any State Bar
- You have trained within the life sciences or health care transactional or regulatory departments of a reputable law firm
- You have the ability to work independently and exercise excellent judgment
- You have extraordinary interpersonal skills and ability to provide sound, clear and succinct legal advice and analysis to legal and business teams in both verbal and written forms
- You have a deep understanding of healthcare laws, including the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, and laws related to the development, sales and marketing of digital health products
- You have the ability to multitask, work under tight time pressures, prioritize work, and react quickly to changing business needs and demands all in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
- You have a demonstrated track record of being a team-player and working collaboratively
- You have the ability to maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining a strong partnership with the client organizations
- You are an intellectually nimble thinker and highly adaptable
- You have a passion for helping the world beat cancer
- SF candidates only: You are willing to travel up to 25% to our HQ in NYC
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- You have experience working in the legal department at a life sciences company, academic medical center, health system, federal health-related and/or research grant agency, or clinical research funder or sponsor
- You have experience with technology transactions, licensing, data use and clinical trials agreements
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.