Senior Corporate Counsel at Transfix
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You will draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including shipper contracts.
- Working with our Contract Manager and others, you will make iterative improvements to processes to improve transaction velocity without materially increasing risk.
- You will provide counsel on day to day compliance decisions; support sales activities; including providing training and counseling to sales professionals; and coordinate with other groups on compliance matters.
- You will partner with the People Team and outside counsel to address any employment or compensation matters that arise.
- You will collaborate with the CFO and senior leadership team on the negotiation and execution of debt facilities, equity fundraises, and other strategic transactions.
- You will provide practical legal advice and support on a variety of other topics, including vendor management and procurement, data privacy, IP, marketing, and new product development.
- You will manage outside counsel relationships, deliverables, and budgets.
- You will network with experts and stay on top of changing regulations, laws, policies and industry standards.
- You are someone who maintains the highest business and professional ethics.
- You reject bureaucracy and are at your best when you are scrappy, creative, pragmatic and solution oriented.
- You are calm under pressure, and instill confidence in your peers.
- You have a pragmatic mindset towards protecting the company from risk while enabling fast paced growth and innovation.
- You have exceptional contract negotiation and drafting skills
- You can artfully distill complex legal matters into actionable business decisions in a clear, concise manner.
- You have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and desire to make legal processes more efficient.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of transactional legal experience in a mid-to-large sized law firm.
- Preferred additional 2-3 years operating as in-house counsel for a fast moving, dynamic company, preferably a mid-to-late stage technology oriented startup.
- JD from a top-tier law school.
- Member of NY State Bar in good standing.
- Transportation law experience a plus.