Senior Corporate Counsel at Cedar
Cedar Cares, Inc.
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Our team is currently looking for a skilled and highly motivated attorney to start our Legal function as a Senior Corporate Counsel. In this role, you will report directly to our Head of Finance to help us draft and negotiate a variety of business agreements while serving as a trusted legal advisor and protecting the company against risk.
The Senior Corporate Counsel position offers the opportunity to work across the organization and will play a critical cross-functional role in supporting internal stakeholders such as Partnerships, Client Growth, Finance, Marketing and People. If you are seeking to join a rapidly growing and fast paced organization, contribute to building Cedar’s Legal functions in a collaborative setting, and have an overall desire to improve healthcare and the patient billing experience, this role is for you.
- Review, draft and negotiate sales, channel partnership and vendor agreements
- Work with our Commercial team to develop best practices for client contracting
- Consult and assist with a variety of corporate legal processes (e.g. labor and employment, regulatory compliance, etc.)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Help manage external counsel(s) across all our teams
- Continually improve Cedar’s legal process and negotiation strategy
Required Skills & Experience
- A JD degree from an accredited US law school and good standing with at least one US state bar
- 7+ years of law firm and/or in-house legal experience
- Excellent experience and skills with negotiating agreements with health systems
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA and Anti-Kickback regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of TCPA and PCI compliance
- Strong attention to detail, along with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Positive attitude with desire to work across multiple teams
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of May 2020
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Corporate Counsel who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.