Cedar Cares, Inc.
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Our team is currently looking for a skilled and highly motivated attorney to start our Legal function as a Senior Corporate Counsel. In this role, you will report directly to our Head of Finance to help us draft and negotiate a variety of business agreements while serving as a trusted legal advisor and protecting the company against risk.
The Senior Corporate Counsel position offers the opportunity to work across the organization and will play a critical cross-functional role in supporting internal stakeholders such as Partnerships, Client Growth, Finance, Marketing and People. If you are seeking to join a rapidly growing and fast paced organization, contribute to building Cedar’s Legal functions in a collaborative setting, and have an overall desire to improve healthcare and the patient billing experience, this role is for you.
- Review, draft and negotiate sales, channel partnership and vendor agreements
- Work with our Commercial team to develop best practices for client contracting
- Consult and assist with a variety of corporate legal processes (e.g. labor and employment, regulatory compliance, etc.)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Help manage external counsel(s) across all our teams
- Continually improve Cedar’s legal process and negotiation strategy
Required Skills & Experience
- A JD degree from an accredited US law school and good standing with at least one US state bar
- 7+ years of law firm and/or in-house legal experience
- Excellent experience and skills with negotiating agreements with health systems
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA and Anti-Kickback regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of TCPA and PCI compliance
- Strong attention to detail, along with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Positive attitude with desire to work across multiple teams
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of May 2020
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Corporate Counsel who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.