Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ether, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This potential, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no objective too big as we build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and explore the frontier of innovation. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Legal
The Legal department at Gemini is making history every day, as we creatively apply the legacy of law to the future of digital assets. On this team, you will tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. At Gemini, Legal plays a critical role in guiding innovation and driving value for the business, while upholding our core tenets of security, compliance, and trust for our customers. Join us and help define the Legal Department of the Future.
The Role: Senior Corporate Counsel
As Senior Corporate Counsel at Gemini, you are the ultimate general athlete. Leveraging both breadth and depth of experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel, you will help Gemini build a nimble, innovative legal organization tasked with tackling the complex legal challenges that confront a disruptive emerging asset class. By navigating unprecedented legal complexities across Business Development, Finance and Accounting, People Operations, Tax, Technology and Security, you’ll play a critical role in building our business at the forefront of the future of money.
- Lead mergers, acquisitions, investments and other strategic transactions, from conducting due diligence and drafting term sheets to negotiating definitive agreements, managing closing processes and implementing post-closing integration.
- Manage corporate governance for Gemini Trust Company and the broader Gemini group, including coordination of board meetings and preparation of corresponding deliverables, minutes, resolutions and consents.
- Scale and support the Gemini group’s corporate structure, including with respect to capital contributions, equity awards and required filings, audits and returns.
- Manage projects effectively and collaboratively.
- Build positive and influential relationships with Gemini Leadership and cross-functional partners, evangelizing the Legal team’s expertise and services across the company.
- Collaborate with and support the General Counsel and the rest of the Legal team to evaluate and communicate legal risks to internal stakeholders and external parties.
- JD degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Fluency in English
- Strong knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology, financial services, or security; prior experience working in fintech, digital assets or high-growth tech companies a plus.
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and oral communication skills, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, unlimited paid vacation and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.