Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is going public! Latch is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to join its growing Legal Department. This role will report to the Head of Legal and the ideal candidate will have a strong background in corporate and finance matters, with an emphasis on securities regulation, financial and public company reporting, stock exchange listing rules, equity and debt financings, M&A transactions, and corporate governance. This is a truly unique opportunity to work with the Head of Legal to build and scale the corporate legal function of a cutting-edge technology company that builds world class hardware and software.
- Managing all areas related to the company’s securities laws matters and related compliance, including Securities Act and Exchange Act matters
- Preparing and reviewing SEC filings, including registration statements, Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements, including shareholder proposals and proxy solicitation, and Section 16 reporting, including Forms 3, 4 and 5.
- Developing, refining and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SEC and other securities-related regulatory requirements applicable to publicly-traded companies, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act, NYSE/NASDAQ listing standards, and Regulation FD
- Assist with administering insider trading policies, 10b5-1 plans, and related employee and director equity matters
- Advising on corporate governance (including CSR/ESG initiatives), executive compensation and various other related matters (such as transfer agent and equity plan administration), as well as developing, adopting, managing and refining applicable corporate governance policies and procedures
- Keeping abreast, and advising on potential impact, of new and proposed securities law and corporate governance developments, market trends and best practices in the markets we operate to ensure continued compliance
- Advising on investor relations matters, including review of and collaboration on earnings announcements, earnings scripts, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications, internal communications and other materials (including preparation of appropriate securities disclosure as necessary)
- Assisting the Legal Department’s activities on, and manage outside counsel with respect to, all capital markets and other strategic transactions, including M&A and corporate financing transactions and related workstreams
- Developing and delivering employee trainings on securities law and related matters, such as insider trading and Regulation FD, and M&A and strategic transaction best practices
- Establishing appropriate policies, processes, and systems in areas of coverage that enable the company to grow and scale effectively
- Providing advice and counsel to business team leaders on all legal matters affecting areas of coverage, in consultation with other members of the Legal Department and outside counsel as necessary
- Building close relationships with personnel at supported business operations and obtaining and maintaining a strong knowledge of the company’s products and the objectives of those operations
- Assisting the Legal Department’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures relevant to areas of coverage
- Providing substantive support to other members of the Legal Department as needed
- Performing other special assignments, strategic projects or duties as needed
- J.D. from a top-tier law school with exceptional academic credentials
- Licensed to practice law in-house in New York
- At least 6+ years of experience, including training at a leading national law firm as a general corporate, securities, corporate governance and/or M&A attorney and time spent in-house, ideally at a public SaaS or other public technology company, in roles of increasing responsibility
- Broad and deep expertise in corporate and U.S. securities laws, corporate governance and board governance matters
- Strong experience with coordination and timely and continuous filing of disclosure documentation with the SEC and NYSE
- Familiarity with public company accounting, tax and finance processes, terminology, systems and issues, including a basic knowledge of financial statements, GAAP accounting and tax matters preferred
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice