Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 7+ years’ experience in a wide range of commercial disputes and regulatory inquiries to support the company’s wide ranging and vertically integrated business. The person in this role will be responsible for advising internal clients and managing outside counsel in connection with product liability claims, other types of commercial and transactional disputes, and regulatory matters. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, Members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- First-level responsibility for the management of a fast-paced docket of commercial litigation, regulatory matters and internal investigations across a wide range of subject areas
- Help supervise outside counsel to effectively and efficiently support and defend the company’s objectives, offerings and initiatives
- Work with senior attorneys to advise business partners of opportunities to settle or defend existing matters
- Participate in witness preparation, expert retention, discovery, pretrial practice and trial preparation, and report on the status of these workstreams to senior attorneys at critical junctures and decision points
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue-spot sensitive legal and business concerns within complex programs and a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) those matters to internal partners and/or other stakeholders
- 7+ years’ experience at a law firm or in-house litigation practice
- Must be able to work independently with Peloton team members throughout the U.S. and globally
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once, meet demanding deadlines in the face of ambiguity, triage effectively, and adjust tasks frequently
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Member in good standing of the NY, TX or comparable State Bar
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.