Senior Counsel, Corporate and Securities at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are looking for a Senior Counsel, Corporate and Securities to join our Legal team in the US! In this role, you will report to the Chief Legal Officer and will be responsible for corporate and securities matters, working with the finance, investor relations, leadership team, Board of Directors, and Securities & Exchange Commission, and enhancing the company’s corporate governance.
Our offices are in NYC, Houston, and Los Angeles. Preference for NY, but will consider any office or remote (based in NY, NJ, CT, IL, PA, NC, TX, UT, CA, or WA) for the right person.
- Corporate:’33 and ’34 Act matters including preparation of SEC filings, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Proxy Statements, Section 16 Reports, and other filings; and assist with mergers and acquisitions
- Investor relations: work closely with the leadership team and investor relations regarding disclosure matters, exchange, and SEC issues; and public company communications, including press releases and investor presentations
- Compliance: oversee Insider Trading Policy, 10b5-1 plans, and related employee and director equity matters
- Manage transfer agent and equity and stock administrator
- Support the continuous improvement of legal processes and corporate governance
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re a legal professional with 6+ years of relevant experience (law firm and in-house); corporate and securities law firm experience required; in house experience in public company preferred
- J.D. from an accredited law school and member in good standing of a bar of any US state
- Strong corporate and securities experience, in-depth knowledge of ’33 and ’34 Act requirements and filings
- Experience supporting investor relations functions
- Ability to design and implement compliance programs, including insider trading policy and anti-corruption policies and procedures
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and drafting skills
- Strong work ethic with a high level of productivity while still maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Strong personal integrity
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental, and life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook “Life at Gympass” and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.