Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As Senior Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for financing, strategic transactions, corporate governance, supporting Board functions, strategic transactions, and other corporate work. This New York-based attorney would work with virtually every department at the company, spanning offices across the country and internationally.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are:
- Comfortable in an ever changing environment
- Passionate about the healthcare industry
- A team player
Your day to day is:
- Acting as the primary attorney for a variety of complex equity, debt and strategic transactions
- Working autonomously with the Finance team and outside advisors, and a variety of other clients to solve complex business problems
- Providing legal support for the Zocdoc Board of Directors and its committees and subsidiary Boards, including drafting minutes and distributing materials, coordinating various aspects of Board and committee meetings and handling various between-meeting Board and committee activities
- Serving as a company resource for corporate governance issues; the business can rely on you and your expertise, and guidance
- Help to develop, implement and continually improve company and team processes and procedures
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have a J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and at least 5-7 years of relevant experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house
- Are an experienced and sophisticated transactional attorney, with experience in a variety of complex corporate securities and financing transactions
- Have experience and understanding of corporate law, corporate governance and contract drafting and interpretation
- Possess excellent critical thinking and analytical abilities, particularly in developing conceptual understanding of new topics for yourself and others
- Are able to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with a proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and work cross-functionally
- Are a detail-oriented and dynamic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.