Senior Counsel at Riskified
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.About the Role
Riskified’s Legal team is hiring a Senior Counsel to join our rapidly growing NY team. In this role, you will report to the VP of Legal and be responsible for handling a variety of legal issues. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful late stage tech company and assist leadership in making sound, risk based decisions. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated, wants to make a significant impact and will excel in a dynamic, cross-functional team.What You'll Be Doing
- Provide legal and non-legal advice to the VP Legal and other key individuals in the company, including on corporate, regulatory, international, employment and litigation matters.
- Provide counsel on financing and M&A activity as well as securities laws.
- Develop and implement internal policies and processes appropriate for a rapidly growing tech company.
- Anticipate legal issues that could impact the company.
- Provide counsel to our product team on a variety of issues.
- Given our rapid growth and depending on your interests and goals, you’ll have the opportunity to expand into other legal substantive areas.
- JD Required. Member of the New York Bar.
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience (in an ideal world, at a startup/tech focused law firm followed by an in-house role).
- Practical mindset towards protecting the company from risks while enabling fast paced growth and innovation.
- Attention to detail, detail and more detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently while having good judgment to escalate significant matters.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Fintech, SaaS and/or public company experience a huge plus.
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 450+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, team events, healthy snacks, yoga, pilates, soccer league, and more
Fortune Magazine: 25 Best Workplaces in New York
Announcing Riskified's $165M Funding Round
Inc Magazine: Best Workplaces
Built In NYC: 100 Best Workplaces
Great Place to Work: Riskified
Crain's: Best Places to Work in New York City
TechCrunch: Riskified Prevents Fraud on Your Favorite eCommerce Site