About the Team
The legal team at Harry’s works cross-functionally and across geographies to address all of the legal issues facing Harry’s, providing advice and assistance to the entire company and supporting Harry’s various corporate, commercial and transactional initiatives.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a talented attorney to join its legal team as Senior Counsel. The successful candidate will be based in Harry’s headquarters in New York City. This is a great opportunity for an attorney who seeks significant responsibilities across a range of legal matters, enjoys working closely and often cross-functionally with a broad spectrum of internal clients, and wants to play a meaningful role in building strong and scalable legal and compliance functions for a dynamic company. This is a “generalist” role, with an emphasis on commercial, marketing and regulatory work.
What you will accomplish:
- Review and advise on product and brand advertising claims and strategies, including providing guidance on claim substantiation and testing protocols
- Manage all third party challenges and inquiries regarding claims and advertising campaigns
- Draft, review and negotiate a range of commercial and other agreements of varying complexity
- Advise on regulatory and compliance matters (e.g., data privacy, FTC, FDA)
- Support growth initiatives relating to new products and brands
- Provide education and training on relevant legal issues and develop processes and best practices to support business needs and generate efficiencies
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- 5-7+ years of commercial and marketing/advertising legal experience; some in-house legal experience is preferred
- Experience providing legal advice with respect to cosmetic, OTC and/or personal care products strongly preferred
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Ability to form strong relationships with business leaders, including the brand and product development/R&D teams
- Science and/or statistical background is a plus
- Member in good standing of the NY or other state bar
This Should Describe You:
- You have outstanding legal technical skills
- You admit when you don’t know the answer and work hard to get it; you love to learn new things
- You are adept at developing innovative solutions to complicated legal problems
- You succeed by building strong working relationships with colleagues across levels, functions and teams, and you always think about how to help them excel
- You are capable of owning projects from start to finish with minimal oversight and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You thrive on direct, honest and supportive communication
Who You’ll Work With:
- Reporting to the General Counsel, you’ll work closely with the other members of the Harry’s legal team
- You’ll work cross-functionally with all of Harry’s key internal stakeholders, including the brand, marketing, R&D, retail and supply chain teams
- You’ll efficiently collaborate with outside counsel
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.