Senior Legal Counsel at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking an experienced in-house attorney to join our legal team. As a key part of a fast-growing global SAAS organization, you will lead the legal aspects of the company’s mergers & acquisitions function, serve as a strategic advisor to the company, and provide general legal advice and support across business functions.
This role reports into our General Counsel and is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Actively manage M&A transactions and processes, including coordination of internal and external legal teams, post-close integrations, and internal processes
- Support the drafting and negotiation of NDAs, definitive agreements, and ancillary documents for M&A transactions
- Coordinate with our internal tax team on matters of corporate structuring and domestic and global tax issues
- Provide practical legal advice and support on a variety of topics, including commercial contracts, data privacy, product counseling, marketing, and employee relations
- A minimum of 8 years of diverse M&A experience; a combination of law firm and in-house, including tech-focused M&A, is preferred
- Proven ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams / projects with a diverse group of stakeholders across organizational lines
- Flexibility and creativity in solving problems and dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and strong business judgment
- Organized and diligent with a high attention to detail and a commitment to operational execution
- Interest in learning new areas of law and business
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.