Senior Legal Counsel, New York
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries and geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 800+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
Learn more about life at AlphaSights here.
We are looking for an exceptional commercial lawyer based in New York to join our growing global Legal team. The Legal team is a dynamic, external and internal-facing function which supports all aspects of the business across all offices, from Tokyo to San Francisco. You will have a broad range of work, ranging from: (i) negotiating contracts with clients and vendors; (ii) working closely with the client services team and our clients’ legal and compliance teams to ensure clients access knowledge safely; (iii) navigating complex and novel legal issues; and (iv) dealing with evolving areas of law including intellectual property, technology, data privacy/GDPR and employment. All of this is being done at a global scale with multi jurisdictional challenges in a fast-paced company.
As Senior Legal Counsel you will work closely with the VP of Legal based in New York and the General Counsel based in London. You will grow and develop, in a high-growth commercial environment. We will provide you with autonomy and independence in your day-to-day work and give you the opportunity to self-start, drive change, manage and lead. You will be encouraged and empowered to take initiative and have hands-on ownership of projects. This is an ideal role for someone who’s keen to flex their legal muscle while having direct access and exposure to the commercial and organisational workings of a dynamic, innovative global business. We are looking for a person who wants to join our high performance team, have real impact and be part of AlphaSights’ growth story.
What we look for
- High-energy, self-starter who’s focused on delivering outcomes
- Confidence and flexibility operating in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic environment
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team mindset with an ability to develop strong relationships and navigate challenges across the organisation and functions
- Leadership by example and an ability to manage and influence teams
- Attention to detail and curiosity, with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of the matter, and formulate a clear solution
- Authority and poise, and an ability to manage relationships with junior and senior stakeholders within and outside the business
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Track record of achievement in professional, academic and/or extracurricular activities
What you’ll need
- JD from a top American law school, BA/BS/LLB from a top university in the UK or other relevant law degree
- American attorney licensed in New York or an English qualified solicitor, with c.4-7 years experience at a top firm or in-house
- Substantial experience in drafting and negotiating client-facing commercial contracts
- Experience in dealing with regulatory and securities related matters (a corporate law background is a plus)
- Skillset to manage people as role may develop over time and have management responsibilities