Senior Manager, Systems Contracting
As Oscar Health continues to expand to new markets across the country, an essential component is negotiating high-quality contracts with national and regional Providers, Systems and Vendors.
In this role, you will lead negotiations with Oscar’s most critical Vendor partners. You will collaborate with our division’s leaders and other internal stakeholders to understand and incorporate Oscar’s operational, financial, and member experience goals as well as regulatory requirements. You will be project managing and ultimately owning negotiations of key Vendor contracts.
In your first 6 weeks you will:
- Become well-acquainted with Oscar’s internal operations and technology-enabled approach to curating strong, high-quality networks for our members.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the rate structures, economics, and core contractual provisions of Oscar’s Vendor partnerships.
- Form strong working relationships with internal stakeholders across the company and understand the impact of our contractual terms on their workstreams.
- Become an essential part of the drafting, negotiation, and initial operationalization of critical Vendor deals.
Moving forward, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Independently lead, own, and refine our process for contractual negotiations (including legal language and rates) with new and existing Provider Vendors from end to end, including maintaining a consistent standard for Vendor negotiations across the team.
- Own and manage the full lifecycle of a portfolio of deals (i.e. from strategy development to template generation to negotiation to account management handoffs).
- Collaborate with deal owners, Vendor account managers, and other Oscar teams and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have relevant healthcare industry experience and a solid understanding of healthcare industry and vendor-specific dynamics, as well as a background in a client-facing, leadership role. Other key components for success include:
- 6+ years of work experience in healthcare vendor partnerships, revenue cycle management, contracting, or business development.
- A strong analytical background and the ability to quickly digest and evaluate complex legal contracts, including rate structures, economics, and other quantitative aspects of negotiations
- Experience working with healthcare systems, payers, and/or vendors
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking, and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with intricate negotiations
- The flexibility to work both with and without structure
- Demonstrated comfort in collaborating with executive stakeholders
- A JD, MBA, or other professional degree from a top program with a clear track record of excellence
- Experience with early-stage enterprises (e.g. building a company or standing up a new functional area)
- Background in process building and operational improvement
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.