Senior Paralegal, Intellectual Property at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented intellectual property paralegal with 7+ years of prosecution and enforcement experience to join our growing team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for supporting Peloton attorneys on intellectual property, litigation, and Member support matters. This position requires a thorough understanding of intellectual property rights, and a working knowledge of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, Members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Assist in all phases of trademark prosecution, including clearance, preparing applications, tracking deadlines and responding to office actions and renewals.
- Assist with the strategic management of intellectual property enforcement matters, including reviewing watch notices, preparing cease and desist letters and corresponding with the USPTO and outside counsel.
- Be primarily responsible for monitoring and enforcing unauthorized use of Peloton’s intellectual property and other assets on social media and in online marketplaces.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining Peloton’s domain portfolio.
- Manage deadlines and correspondence with the USPTO and outside counsel related to patent prosecution and serve as the first point of contact for internal invention disclosures.
- Conduct copyright clearance searches and be primarily responsible for DMCA takedowns.
- Help to implement anti-counterfeiting measures related to Peloton products and apparel.
- Collaborate with Member-facing teams in the de-escalation of any Member Support issues resulting from intellectual property enforcement.
- Assist with the collection and review of information as part of fact discovery in intellectual property disputes.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
- Build productive relationships and feedback loops with legal, content, brand, apparel, product, and community teams to drive efficiencies.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. trademark rules and procedures and working knowledge of international trademark rules and procedures.
- Strong proficiency with use of the USPTO’s online filing systems, including TESS, TSDR and TTAB.
- Knowledge of consumer tech world
- Strong grasp of IP and litigation principles
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic, and the ability to juggle an array of tasks
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- 7+ years experience as a paralegal at a top law firm or in-house position focused on intellectual property and litigation matters.
- Bachelor’s degree required, paralegal strongly preferred (JD considered)
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.