Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As Senior Paralegal, you will be a key member of the Legal team who will support the corporate legal team with corporate secretary work, contract support and other general legal support matters.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are:
- Comfortable in an ever changing environment
- Passionate about the healthcare industry
- A team player
Your day to day is:
- Managing corporate governance matters, including preparation, organization and maintenance of materials for Board and committee meetings.
- Handling corporate secretarial management through entire lifecycle (formation, mergers, dissolutions) and other corporate secretarial matters, including secretary certificates, data requests, officer appointments and Board appointments
- Partnering with members of the legal team in order to draft, review, assess, and edit a variety of legal documents, including service agreements, vendor agreements, contracts, NDAs, BAAs
- Providing legal and administrative support to attorneys
- Establishing and maintaining internal client relationships
- Designing and managing processes for categorizing and maintaining corporate documentation and contracts
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of paralegal experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house
- Have knowledge of corporate secretarial work – preparation of Board agendas, meeting minutes, etc.
- Have demonstrable experience performing legal research under attorney supervision and proficient with redlining and editing capabilities of Word, Google Docs and Diligent or Boardvantage
- Are highly organized and detail-oriented; you always strive for perfection
- Are able to manage competing demands, shifting priorities and interests of multiple stakeholders
- Can take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills
- Get things done, even if it’s crunch time, with a knack for making processes more systematized
- Have experience with startups
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.