Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
We’re looking for a Pharmacy Counsel to join our small but growing legal team! This role will report to our General Counsel and will be responsible for the multitude of legal, regulatory, and risk-management issues related to Ro’s pharmacy operations.
Who are you? You are comfortable working within a new and evolving industry while handling several projects at the same time. You will have a major impact on Ro’s plans to scale and will work collaboratively with each department at the company. You are collaborative, empathetic, flexible, and eager to learn about all facets of the business.
- Provide advice company-wide on an array of pharmacy statutory, regulatory, and risk management issues
- Develop company-wide interpretations, policies, and practices for execution by the pharmacy and operations teams
- Prepare Ro’s pharmacies for communications and activities with boards of pharmacy
- Represent Ro before boards of pharmacy and other industry stakeholders
- Work closely with Ro’s General Counsel on government relations and policy work related to the practice of pharmacy
- Examine Ro’s practices on an ongoing basis and advise cross-departmentally on compliance and risk management
- Counsel Ro’s pharmacy, operations, tech, strategy, marketing and executive teams on product development, supply chain, marketing, and strategic initiatives
- Diligence Ro’s third party vendors and partners
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of contracts with partners and vendors
- Assist with dispute resolution
- Help manage external counsel
- Help build an incredible legal department from the ground level!
What We Are Looking For:
- You are a JD and a PharmD, with admission to a state bar
- 5+ years of of relevant in-house and/or law firm experience
- Prior experience as a pharmacist
- Experience counseling clients on a variety of pharmacy regulatory matters
- You have experience reviewing complex commercial agreements
- Confident handling tasks and answering questions that are unfamiliar to you
- Able to assess and balance both legal and business risks
- A skillful drafter and issue-spotter, and a clear communicator
- An effective time manager who is impressively organized
- You are super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- You have experience with any of the following: state health care laws and regulations, emerging growth companies, telehealth, pharmacy operations (especially mail order pharmacy), over-the-counter products, and communicating with regulators and legislators.
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Read Full Job Description