Sr. Manager, Public Policy at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 22.6 million diners food ordering experience and we feature over 300,000 restaurants in 3,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
This position, which can be based in Chicago, San Francisco, New York, or Washington, DC, will report to the Senior Director of Public Affairs and closely coordinate with our Legal, Marketing, and Public Relations Teams.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work cross-functionally to conceptualize, execute, and represent Grubhub’s legislative and regulatory programs across federal, state, and local levels of government.
- Track and maintain an active list of state and local legislation and regulations of interest to our business.
- Draft policy update communications for senior and executive teams and external audiences.
- Foster positive relationships with business and government leaders, as well as well as other constituencies important to our business.
- Act as Grubhub’s representative in legislative and policy meetings, hearings, and other events.
- Identify and grow industry and coalition relationships.
- Manage grassroots advocacy program for Call To Action campaigns.
- Help manage external policy consultants.
- When appropriate, act as an external spokesperson for Grubhub.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related concentration;
- At least 8 years of experience serving in government, industry coalitions, and/or internal corporate government relations or policy roles
- Direct policy experience, particularly with marketplace-based organizations
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Experience operating cross-functionally in an organization, creating consensus and putting in motion action plans
- Top notch public speaking and writing ability
- Results-driven approach at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation, with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Positive energy on a daily basis is a must
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
Got these? Even better.
- Experience working for, or with, a technology company a big plus
- Being a foodie is a plus, too
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.