Trust and Safety Specialist
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us - we need your help.
The Community Experience Integrity Team’s goal is to ensure that Meetup is safe and enjoyable for our millions of organizers and members. We’re looking for a proactive and tenacious problem solver who has experience handling online integrity or trust and safety efforts; someone who understands the member’s point of view and is passionate about using their combined technical, analytical and customer service acumen to improve the Meetup experience.
As a Community Integrity Specialist, your work might include:
- Investigating and resolving trust and safety issues across our community, including payment disputes, inappropriate content, abuse and other violations
- Providing clear, patient and helpful responses to time sensitive safety and legal escalations
- Analyzing spam trends and proposing proactive enforcement
- Developing new risk operations workflows
- Collaborating with the Legal, Product, Communications, and Community Support teams
This job might be for you if you:
- Feel a sense of accomplishment from helping people and making the internet a safer, more trustworthy place
- Are empathetic and understand that members are real people and should be treated with kindness and compassion
- Are energized by investigating issues and connecting the dots to take action
- Pride yourself on your ability to provide a consistent and objective point of view when making difficult decisions with limited information available.
An ideal candidate has:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a trust and safety, legal, integrity operations, tech policy, or risk mitigation role
- Experience with managing to response times and general customer support emails
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex issues into simple, clear language
Note: Meetups happen 365 days a year, which means we provide support 365 days a year, too. This role involves regular weekend and holiday work. Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?