VP, Legal Affairs | NYC
Would you like to work for one of the fastest growing enterprise technology companies in New York City? BetterCloud is the first-ever SaaS application management and security platform, paving the way for an entirely new solution category in IT and positioning the company for rapid growth in the $83 billion global SaaS application market. That’s why Forbes named BetterCloud as one of the “Next Billion-Dollar Startups”.
This is a terrific opportunity for a strategic, roll-the-sleeves-up seasoned legal professional to help shape key risk-management decisions across the company and build the foundation for the future in the area of legal affairs at BetterCloud. The ideal candidate is a self-driven leader capable of taking full ownership of legal and data privacy matters at the Company. You will be the main legal contact and negotiator for commercial agreements with customer, vendors, reseller partners, and technology partners, and a key contributor to the design and implementation of risk management strategies alongside BetterCloud’s Security and Compliance teams. The VP of Legal Affairs will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in Atlanta and San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.bettercloud.com.
- Negotiate, draft, and execute commercial agreements with customers, resellers, technology partners, landlords, and vendors
- Serve as partner to Sales with prospective customers
- Offer counsel and advise leadership on wide-ranging legal issues
- Researching and anticipating legal issues that could impact the company, including helping guide the company’s data security & data privacy preparedness
- Work alongside other departments across the company, including HR, Sales, Security, Compliance, Product, and Engineering
- Law degree from a recognized university and admitted to a recognized bar
- 7+ years of experience in large law firm and in-house with major corporation
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator