Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
As VP of Risk & Compliance you’ll be responsible for ensuring Zocdoc has a best-in-class risk governance and regulatory compliance environment. While broad expertise in health care compliance and risk management/governance as well as other related disciplines are important, we are looking above all else for someone who can lead the development of an overall risk management and compliance program in a high-growth environment. Your ability to lead through influence and drive change in a heavily regulated industry will enable us to do what we do best, give power to the patient. This is a NYC based senior leadership role that reports into our Chief Legal Officer.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A thinker and a doer - you’re excited by being a strategist and a builder
- Able to engage, inspire, build credibility, and trust across all levels of the Company
- Motivated by building and growing teams
- Partner-centric in your approach. You lead through collaboration, influence and results
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities and situations
- Operationally minded - you’re energized by managing multiple workstreams and roadmaps
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. You’re humble and believe in treating folks with dignity and respect regardless of title or tenure
Your day to day is…
- Partnering closely with stakeholders across the business to enhance Zocdoc’s Compliance Program and develop a sophisticated approach to risk management
- Managing and enhancing the Company’s current overall risk-related readiness with respect to health care regulation, technology, data, privacy, finance, third-party management and related topics
- Developing a roadmap to achieve robust, best-in-class risk management and health care compliance environment and regularly updating our Board and committees on the same
- Working closely with key personnel across the organization, and managing outside consultants and vendors whose work is essential to ensuring Company-wide success in risk governance and health care compliance
- Leading the hiring, onboarding, evaluation, and day to day oversight of new and existing Zocdoc’rs to ensure the appropriate risk management and regulatory compliance environment
- Asset mapping and evaluating our existing tech resources, systems, and external consultants, and leading the procurement and implementation of any new systems, programs or relationships
- Serving as a thought partner to the Company’s C-Suite in building a roadmap for the Company’s long-term Enterprise Risk Management activities
- Routinely reporting to senior management and Board of Directors on compliance issues, recommendations, and progress
- Maintaining a deep and up-to-date knowledge of Zocdoc’s current and future product offerings, and compliance-related issues that could affect Zocdoc
- Managing and supporting the ethics and compliance program by regularly reviewing and updating policies and procedures, and ensuring their implementation and consistency.
- Supporting the design and administration of compliance training and continuing education programs
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A Master’s Degree in business or accounting, or a Law Degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in a regulated health care and/or public company environment
- 5+ years building Compliance programs in late-stage private companies
- Substantial experience and a record of accomplishment with change management in regulated industries, as well as exposure to late-stage private company and or public company Boards of Directors
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC, CHPC, CPCO), Internal Audit (CIA), or Fraud Examination (CFE) preferred
- Experience in conducting audits and risk assessments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including with executive management and Board members
- Superior communication, organization, project management, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated decision-making capability while dealing with competing interests
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.