VP, Securities & Governance Counsel at Vimeo
Vimeo is seeking a lawyer with public company experience to manage the Company’s SEC filings, securities compliance programs, corporate governance, and capital markets transactions. This is a leadership position in our company, and the successful candidate will play a significant role in shaping policy and governance as we transition from being a privately-held company to a publicly-held one.
What you'll do:
- Prepare and manage the Company’s SEC filings, including annual, quarterly and periodic reports, as well as insider filings
- Oversee and provide support to the Board of Directors and its Committees with respect to fiduciary duties, governance, and policies
- Lead the Company’s compliance program with respect to corporate-level policies including Code of Ethics, insider trading, anti-bribery and corruption, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Assist with the preparation of Board meeting materials and minutes
- Assist the General Counsel with administration of the Company’s equity plans
- Manage legal aspects of capital markets and M&A transactions
- Serve as the Legal department’s business partner to the Company’s Finance, Investor Relations, and Corporate Communications functions
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- You must be either admitted to the New York bar or eligible to register as Authorized House Counsel in New York
- You have at least 6-10 years of relevant experience at a national law firm; some in-house experience is preferred (but not required)
- Relevant experience must include securities and governance; some M&A experience is preferred (but not required)
- You have proven ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment
- You have a command of the law in your practice areas
- You possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, including strong presentation skills
- You work effectively with other partners to drive positive change and foster a culture of responsibility and accountability
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs