Linux Systems Engineer
NS1’s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers and the world. We are the market leader in DNS and traffic management software and services, and our customers include the biggest properties and largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, Riot Games, and many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling and processes of today’s DevOps organizations, and deliver reliability and performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, and also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented Systems Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will be part of the team that builds the core of the NS1 platform, including our DNS and traffic management systems. You must be able to write highly efficient code that is clean, testable, and maintainable.
For this role, candidates must be able to work out of our New York office, or be prepared to show sufficient discipline and aptitude to work remotely.
- C, C++, Python
- Excellent UNIX and networking knowledge
- Strong Linux systems programming skills
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, automation, etc
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with DNS protocol
- Familiarity with layer 4-7 load balancing
- Experience with containers, SDN and other tools in the modern DevOps toolkit
- Experience with Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
Working @ NS1
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have Ph.Ds, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.