You’re a creative thinker with an eye for pixel-perfect, simple, beautiful design. You’ve taken a brand’s visual identity to the next level. You’ve been frustrated with moving at some point in your life and believe that moving doesn’t need to be painful.
Our team is seeking a talented Marketing Designer who can support a very skilled team of marketers through all phases of the creative process and creative requests. You’ll be a driving force behind our message, communicating our value propositions through visual storytelling across a wide range of projects, from social/brand assets to sales assets and collateral. You should be a self-starter with strong time management skills.
Broadly speaking, your goal is to update and maintain Updater’s brand aesthetic in all creative deliveries. On a day-to-day basis, that means delivering print and digital marketing assets and working with the marketing team on strategic design decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Design and evolve Updater’s visual identity as we scale, owning the full brand aesthetic
- Collaborate with the in-house marketing team to conceptualize and execute cross-departmental deliverables
- Develop graphics and visuals for online and offline experiences, from sales presentations to email newsletter templates to new web page navigation and everything in between
- Maintaining and updating asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Stay current on design trends and best practices to continue to deliver innovative, relevant creative
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing-specific design field, such as design, advertising design, graphic design, digital design or related fields
- Minimum of four (4) years of design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Powerpoint
- Impeccable attention to detail and passion for quality
- Comfort in owning a project without much oversight
- Comfort with changes in direction and/or vague instruction
What we’d consider a bonus:
- Experience creating assets for video
- UX/UI experience
- Data visualization experience
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.