SmartAsset is a leading online destination for financial advice that powers SmartAdvisor, the largest marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors and financial products. Reaching more than 100 million people each month through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset’s mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in 2021, SmartAsset recently closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time, 2021 Best Financial Planning Technology Company in New York by Wealth & Finance International, and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset is looking for a numbers-driven Acquisition Manager of Paid Search to manage direct response, lead generation marketing initiatives across SEM platforms. This person is first and foremost a performance marketer, with expertise in Google Search and Bing Ads. Much of your time will be spent supporting the team in planning, reporting, optimizing, testing and forecasting of campaigns based on performance metrics such as CVR, CPA and ROI.
The right candidate has a sharp, quantitative mind, obsessed with achieving profitability and scale. You have an affinity for behavioral psychology and operate a disciplined, quantitative testing regime. You spend your time brainstorming new marketing angles, on-page optimizations, ad copy and split tests. You’re an expert at Excel and data analysis.
You'll bring expertise in managing large digital budgets to hit profitability targets, preferably with a background in lead generation. A successful candidate should be a direct-response marketing expert, highly analytical, and committed to making data-driven decisions. The performance of every marketing dollar we spend is tracked and measured and you should have a successful record of scaling businesses accordingly. This position reports to the Senior Director of Performance Marketing.
- Oversee strategy and execution of ROI-positive lead generation campaigns that inspire consumers to engage with financial products and services online
- Manage a team responsible for Paid Search marketing channels and test campaigns, working to optimize existing media buys and scouting new opportunities to find incremental scale
- Work with internal and external media partners to optimize search campaigns, increase efficiency and scale through iterative testing
- Lead new tests and experimentation across ad platforms, bid & KW strategies, ad formats, creative and landing pages
- Continuously uncover new opportunities and test into them, gauging lead quality and increasing investment accordingly
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of SEM experience. 1+ years managing a team of search specialists
- Firm understanding of key digital marketing concepts such as CPC,CTR, CVR, CPA, ROAS and how they are impacted by campaign adjustments, optimizations, and external factors
- Hands on experience with both Google Ads and Bing ads platforms as well as a working knowledge of click/ user behavior and its correlation to marketing funnels
- Strong quantitative background. Highly proficient with Excel and in data analysis
- Technically adept with a pulse on trends and innovations within Search adtech
- Ability to synthesize information about disparate ad sources and find winning approaches to new media buys
- Experience managing budgets and hitting financial targets, revising forecasts where necessary, and updating leadership
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid parental leave