Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role & Responsibilities
The Acquisition Manager will be a critical member of the Orchard team, located in either the Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham Metro Areas. Acquisition Managers at Orchard report to the local General Manager and have responsibility for home acquisition, due diligence, renovation cost estimation, and eventual disposition. As the Acquisition Manager, you will:
- Contribute to Orchard's home acquisition and disposition process throughout the greater Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham metro area.
- Be responsible for (among other things): evaluating and underwriting prospective homes for purchase; scoping and inspecting all repairs and investments made to homes we purchase; helping set asset-level pricing and sales decisions.
- Collaborate with Orchard's underwriting/investments team, data science team, field operations team, seller experience team, and listing operations team.
- Support the Listing Operations and Orchard Realty teams during the resale process when Orchard sells homes to their next owner.
- Partner with the local market General Manager to ensure all KPI targets are met. You will monitor both asset-level and market-level KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and develop initiatives to optimize them.
- Be a champion for North Carolina within Orchard – and a champion for Orchard throughout North Carolina.
- At least 5+ years prior experience in single family residential real estate (e.g. experience with single family residential investing/operations, homebuilding, or brokerage).
- Experience with real estate investment analysis and comparative market analysis research; and/or,
- Experience with estimating and/or managing residential renovations projects.
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement.
- Experience using software to manage operations.
- Deep knowledge of local market – you have lived in North Carolina for 2+ years.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- Possesses customer empathy with a mindset of finding ways to balance delivering a superior customer experience and a successful operational and financial outcome for our business.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven mentality.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset.
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs. Ability to manage time effectively.
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”