Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names. We’re a profitable and fast growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
Stack Overflow is seeking a leader, Ad Ops & Yield Manager, to build and execute the digital monetization strategy of Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange Network. This individual will be a member of the Advertising management team and be a contributor to the overall operations, strategy, direction of the team, and product offerings. This role includes full leadership and oversight of operational and revenue efficiency, but is not limited to the utilization of ad supply, which includes proactive streamlining of product-level analysis to regularly understand inventory impression capacity and availability, as well as actualized data like sell-through rate, revenue, billing accuracy, partnership health and yield management. The Yield Manager is part of the Ad Operations team within the Customer Success department and will also collaborate with our product, sales, revenue operations and other teams to help and improve campaign strategy, execution and analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, train, and manage the Ad Operations Team
- Devise and implement processes, systems and standard methodologies to improve ad operations efficiency, consistency and performance, as well as accurate and timely billing of our customers
- Liaise with Stack Overflow’s internal development, Product and Marketing teams, providing critical feedback/marketplace insight for improvements or needed product features to improve operational efficiency, workflow, and revenue growth
- Partner with our Product Management and Development team to build innovative advertising solutions that enable brands to directly target, engage our audience
- Troubleshoot issues: malfunctioning ad creative materials, click-through URLs, and landing pages, custom executions, under/over-delivery issues, order management and implementation
- Partner with Finance and internal audit to ensure streamlined processes and proper controls
- Collaborate with Accounts Receivable team to close out monthly billing and resolve monthly and ongoing invoicing queries
- Monitor and report on all channels, activity and performance
- Advise on technical implementation of web/mobile code improvements to increase yield
- Create and manage Private Marketplaces (PMPs) and Programmatic Guaranteed (PG) deals
- Yield Test Impact and Recommendations (WOW, MOM, YOY)
- Manage documentation, SOP and strategy communications
- Build, execute and measure performance against all digital campaigns (both programmatic and directly sold)
- Analyze, troubleshoot and proactively develop recommendations for channel and product optimization to maximize revenue opportunities
- Advise team and clients on identifying campaign KPIs and tracking methodologies that are critical to the campaign's brand and acquisition goals
What you need to have:
- 5+ years digital advertising experience preferably in publisher side, with 2 years managing Customer Success and Ad Operations teams
- BS/BA or equivalent degree , MBA is a plus
- Expertise in the online advertising ecosystem; different ad technology stacks and vendors and how they fit into the digital advertising ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of campaign lifecycle management, ad sales process, trafficking, QA, performance analytics/reporting
- Exceptional understanding of ad systems and technologies including Operative 1, Salesforce, Google Ad Manager, Ad-Juster, FreeWheel, DBM,, MOAT, IAS and all other 3rd party measurement tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; ability to quickly master new productivity software application tools
- Expertise in training various ad operations disciplines and concepts #LI-CW1
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with all levels of employees
- Exceptional communication skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to articulate thoughts and concepts fluidly
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.Work Environment:
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.