At Teachable, we’re on a mission to help people monetize their knowledge. We believe anyone pursuing a passion or profession develops valuable skills worth sharing. Our team is committed to building thoughtful tools and resources that make monetizing your knowledge simple, meaningful, and rewarding.
Teachable is experiencing an exciting period of growth and we’re looking for an exceptional Affiliate Manager to help us write this next chapter. Reporting to the Head of Acquisition, you will have the unique opportunity to grow our affiliate program revenue and improve operations around our marketing promotion.
In this role you’ll develop strategy, build and maintain affiliate relationships, and work cross-functionally (Marketing, Design, Engineering) to essentially run a business within our business.
- Developing the strategy for growing revenue generated from our affiliate program, including partners and influencers
- Building and maintaining relationships with affiliates
- Growing the total number of successful affiliates on the platform
- Managing our entire affiliate software, GetAmbassador, from end to end
- Making sure affiliates are paid out on time and accurately.
- Working with the marketing team to develop regular promotions for our affiliates, and generally owning all operations/quality assurance related to executing Teachable’s marketing promotions and events
- Working with our paid acquisition team to promote our affiliate program
- Working closely with our Partnerships Lead to empower affiliates to promote our large online events, summits and webinars.
- Making sure that all of our affiliate promotions and partner promotions are executed properly, to minimize mistakes so that the events go off without a hitch
- Moving large affiliates down a funnel to promoting us in a variety of ways
- But ultimately, the main metric you’ll be responsible for is growing the total revenue generated by our affiliate program. Your role will be to make it as easy (and financially beneficial as possible) for our affiliates to promote Teachable.
- We’re not just looking for an “affiliate manager” —we want someone with a marketing brain who understands marketing funnels and what motivates affiliates. When it comes down to it, you’ll really be running a business within our business, with real responsibility.
Who You Are
- You have experience managing an affiliate program (Maybe even in the SaaS space, but that’s just a nice to have.)
- You’ve been responsible for managing affiliate payouts before -- and making sure they get paid out accurate amounts, and on time.
- You have serious marketing chops. You understand marketing funnels, conversion rates, EPC, etc.
- You’re the type of person who loves working across teams. You’ll need to coordinate with our designers, front-end team, copywriters and engineering team
- You have experience working with social influencers at a Direct Response leve
- You are insanely organized. There are A LOT of moving parts in an affiliate program.
- You’re metrics-driven. You’ll be responsible for helping us hit a revenue target. Think of yourself as the CEO of our affiliate program.
- You love people. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with hundreds (if not thousands) of influencers and affiliates.
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing another affiliate program
- An deep understanding of blogging, online marketing, and online course space
- A proven record of working well with a team of other marketers, plus designers, developers, etc. to GSD
- Ability to understand and utilize the technological components underlying the affiliate program and communicate with engineers about potential changes to that technology. We won't ask you to code anything, but we'll need you to be able to understand what the code is doing, when an affiliate complaint is likely to be something code related, and what changes may be necessary.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $500M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in NoMad with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description