Alliance Manager - Technology Partners - Remote, US at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!About the Role
We are looking for Alliances Manager, Technology Partners to join our growing Channels team. In this role, you will grow Cockroach Labs’ Cloud and Marketplace partnerships through engagement, training, and enablement. You will work closely with the Head of Channel Sales and other members of the team to deliver significant growth.You Will
- Plan and execute business development strategy, policies, objectives and initiatives to achieve revenue, profit and growth targets.
- Define and manage GTM strategy for key technology partners
- Relationships with Red Hat, IBM, and VMWare
- Create, manage, and report on partner funnel and provide accurate and timely forecasts, leveraging Salesforce and other company tools.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product and our approach to partnerships. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully grasp Cockroach Labs' strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have the ability to effectively participate in conversations with partners.
After 60 days, you'll be leading conversations with technology partners and prospects. You will also be leading field engagement and enablement efforts with those partners.
Within 90 days, you will be proactively managing partnerships which includes developing go to market plans, enablement activities, and leading business reviews with partners.You Have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of relevant channel sales experience.
- Demonstrated experience in early recruiting, managing, and driving sales with partners.
- Strong process orientation and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate both internally and with partners and customers.
Jen Murphy - Head of Channel Sales
Jen has more than 25 years of software channel experience. During that time, she has defined and executed programs targeting Cloud, system integrator, reseller, and technology partners for public and private organizations. She also built global teams to support those partnerships. Prior to joining Cockroach, She held channel leadership roles with Turbonomic, HashiCorp, Hortonworks, Novell, Vistaprint, Allaire, and Cognos and has received CRN's Women of the Channel (2019, 2018, 2017), Channel Chief (2018), and Power 100 (2017) awards. Jen lives outside of Boston in Stow, MA with her husband, daughter who is a first year student at Skidmore College, and their 9 year old Bernese Mountain Dog. She is an avid skier, fair weather golfer, and last fall she ran her first half marathon.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]