Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an Art Director to lead our visual design efforts, both for our highly-successful marketing team and the organization at large. As Orchard continues to transform real estate and create raving fans, the need for best-in-class brand design will only increase across a wide variety of channels. This is the ideal role for a proven design leader who is as organized as they are talented. The ideal candidate will have experience with tech and/or B2B brands, as well as B2C. This is a full-time role that will report to the Creative Director. Our team is based out of NYC, but we are also open to fully remote candidates based out of the following states where Orchard currently operates: Texas, Virginia, Georgia, DC, Colorado and North Carolina.
What You’ll Do Here
- Apply and preserve the consistency of our existing visual guidelines
- Apply your design skills to a wide variety of projects including photoshoots, paid and earned social ads, direct mail campaigns, talent and recruiting brand initiatives, sales collateral, presentation decks, email marketing, and more.
- Own the visual design aspects of regional, and someday national, brand awareness campaigns.
- Collaborate with an incredible group of creatives and marketers who respect your skills and experience, and are excited to help you along your career.
- Communicate openly with our stakeholders across the company to deliver the business results they need and the quality of work our brand deserves.
- Lead the evolution of our visual guidelines.
- Build a happy, high-performing, award-winning design team.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You:
- Have 4-7 years of experience as an Art Director or Associate Art Director
- Are a creative partner
- Are a player-coach… there’s a lot of work to do here so you should love to design as well as direct
- Are a leader who takes pride in their team seeing the recognition and rewards they deserve
- Are a strategic thinker -- you’ll help us build a world-class brand AND drive our numbers up. You’ll work with members of the entire organization, so a willingness to learn how our business operates is essential.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.