Associate Communications Manager at Happy Money
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:49 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, February 23, 2022
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company on a mission to develop and deliver affordable, accessible financial tools and services that empower people to use money as a tool for their happiness. Members benefit from loans funded by a national network of customer-focused lending partners and designed to help them accomplish their goals.
Backed by leading investors, Happy Money has helped nearly 205,000 members since inception – working with lending partners to fund over $3.7 billion in loans*. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of approximately 400 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com.
*As of 12/31/2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an Associate Communications Manager to help drive the business forward, foster culture, and facilitate organizational connections through internal and executive communications. The position requires a strategic mindset, deep collaboration with various stakeholders, excellent writing abilities, and strong project management skills. This individual will have the opportunity to manage high-visibility communications initiatives, with a focus on internal communications and content development. This role will report to the Director of Communications and will join a best-in-class team of changemakers and movement shapers.
This is a 100% remote role (Based in the United States)
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THIS ROLE
You will play an active role in telling Happy Money’s story – stewarding and championing the brand across multiple channels and driving our business forward through strategic storytelling. Your efforts will focus largely on these three areas.
- Foster cultural vibrancy and facilitate organizational change through proactive business communications as well as timely, seasonal initiatives
- Represent Happy Money’s voice internally, ensuring accurate and consistent messaging of the brand and alignment with company priorities
- Support Director of Communications in driving monthly All Hands, including crafting the agenda, creating content, and developing follow-up communications that drive home Happy Money’s vision and strategic imperatives
- Stand up new internal newsletter development and delivery tool along with an updated Happy Money style guide, championing their use across the organization
- Partner with Brand Marketing team to develop an employee advocacy program that mobilizes the Happy Money team as social influencers and content creators
- Contribute to our Happy HQ, the one-stop-shop for the content, inspiration, and resources Happy Money employees need to thrive and connect
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Happy HQ authors, providing visibility of planned communications across the organization, advising on best practices, and ensuring content is both high caliber and aligned with editorial guidelines
- Help shape communications plans and support copyediting for various company-wide initiatives tied to I&D, CSR, and Workplace Experience
- Identify new opportunities to positively impact employee engagement (e.g. editorial content, newsletter, events, other programs)
- Contribute to the communications platforms for several Happy Money executives, ghost writing content and helping to position them positively within the organization
- Manage internal events and communications forums, such as executive coffee chats, Town Halls, monthly All Hands, and the executive AMA Slack channel
- Support the external Communications Manager on thought leadership efforts, including sourcing content for awards and speaking submissions
- Assist with crafting and editing all-company communications, including leader emails, scripts, blog posts, and more
- Create and manage an editorial calendar to provide communications visibility for stakeholders and keep our team humming along
- Support the creation and execution of Happy Money content for LinkedIn, partnering with the Brand Marketing and People + Culture teams to develop ongoing strategy
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify relevant storytelling opportunities across our talent, philosophy, science, products, and partners that will help Happy Money build industry credibility and increase share of voice
- Keep Happy Money corporate site up-to-date with the latest earned media coverage
- 5+ years of experience in communications, with specific expertise in internal / executive communications and content development (experience in tech/startups a plus!)
- You’re a collaborative people person with a track record of building strong cross-functional relationships
- Stellar writing and editing skills with a knack for strategic storytelling and ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Strong project management capabilities and ability to think strategically, conduct research, and execute communications with purpose
- You’re a creative problem solver that sees opportunities and goes after them
- Words are your bread and butter, but you’re also comfortable with numbers – measuring the effectiveness of communications through a holistic lens
- You love to build and thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, inclusive environment
- People describe you as thoughtful, exceptionally organized, and detail-oriented
- You operate with an owner’s mindset – resourceful and proactive, you have a stellar work ethic and are looking for the right company to support your growth
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Read Full Job Description