Associate Data Scientist
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.The Role
As Simon’s Associate Data Scientist you will scale our predictive features' ability to analyze data efficiently and meaningfully. In this role you will be responsible for developing general schemata for product and marketing data, and will use them to align and report on the quality and integrity of complex datasets. You will produce clear, statistically rigorous analyses of client data for consumption by an audience of marketing professionals and domain experts. You will get to explore datasets describing both customer behavior and messaging interactions to drive advanced segmentation and campaign efficacy analyses.
This role is essential to the business as we expand our capabilities, and bring more ML-powered tools to our customers. You are the right person for this position if you have a high proficiency in communicating data insights to non technical partners, are creative in your approach to finding solutions for current data sets and able to iterate as needed, and have a strong desire to learn new skills and technical approaches as you advance your career in data science.What You’ll Do
- Write SQL queries in a number of dialects to extract and schematize diverse data sets
- Analyze and transform data in order to derive meaningful insights for customers and internal partners
- Creatively generate clear visualizations of large and complex data sets
- Extract features from data that use calculated insights to improve performance of statistical models that drive Simon’s products
- M.S. Data Science/Statistics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working in digital marketing, business analysis, or related field
- 1+ years experience writing SQL queries
- Practical experience visualizing complex datasets (R/ggplot, python/matplotlib, SAS/Tableau, Excel, etc.)
- Meaningful experience writing Python or other production coding language (Java, C#, etc) is a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.