Associate Director, Communications at Noom
Want to work at a hyper-growth, mission-driven startup that helps millions lead happier, healthier lives? Want to lead our efforts to build our external communications to build upon our existing momentum? Want to be challenged to do your very best work and excel? If so, this is your chance to do all this in a fast-paced collaborative, supportive environment. Noom is backed by some of the best known VCs in the world, including Sequoia Capital and our revenue has grown 100x over the past 3 years. Noom has been recognized by Google as the 3rd most researched diet in 2018, and the most robust food database in February 2019. To continue growing, we are seeking an exceptionally talented leader to lead our Communications Team.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our executive team to develop our public image and boost coverage of the company as a brand that is ambitious, relevant, and differentiated
- Leverage relationships with reporters to drive media in the form of national and regional news, TV and trade publications
- Devise and evolve our PR strategy through first identifying our critical differentiators and then iterating (constantly) to ways in which we can drive differentiated awareness in the public
- Leverage social media and influencer marketing to boost public awareness of Noom
What We Look For
- 10+ years of experience in communications, public relations and/or journalism
- Talent for creative idea generation and storytelling
- Strong verbal and written communication and outstanding listening skills
- Strong network of contacts, specifically at consumer and business media outlets with proven track record of media placement
- Ability to lead through ambiguity
- Must be local to NYC or willing to relocate (work in office at least ~4 days per week)
- Strong cross-functional partnership to drive collaboration with the marketing, sales, engineering and product teams
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, virtual yoga, and annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.