Associate Director, Corporate Communications at Squarespace
Squarespace's external communications team advances the company's goals through earned media strategies, while also building and protecting its reputation through creative campaigns targeting our key stakeholders.
We are looking for an experienced corporate communications professional to support Squarespace's business goals and next phase of growth. You will lead communications related to major financial events and company milestones, including M&A, where you will develop an overarching strategy to drive our corporate story. You will be the main liaison between business media, building and maintaining relationships with key journalists while supporting issues management.
You will report to the Head of Communications in our NYC headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build and execute a corporate communications program, owning and advancing Squarespace's company narrative
- Closely partner with senior company leadership to advise on corporate communications matters
- Act as the lead communications partner on M&A and enterprise
- Manage and maintain media relationships with business press
- Be a communications expert across multiple businesses, leaders, and geographies
- Determine measurement and effectiveness for communications strategies
- 10+ years of experience working in-house at a public company in corporate communications
- Hands-on experience with comms around major financial events
- Experience working directly with and advising senior business leaders in building communications plans that achieve business objectives
- Demonstration of how thoughtful and creative communications strategies can impact business objectives
- Issues/crisis management experience
- Track record of successful partnerships with cross functional teams
- Strong writer who can demonstrate internal and external influence to achieve goals
- Impeccable project, time, and relationship management skills
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.