Associate Director, Strategy at Ready Set Rocket
Ready Set Rocket is seeking an Associate Director of Strategy to join our growing Strategy team. In this role, you will lean on your expertise in digital marketing tactics to offer data-backed and insights-driven solutions. Our clients — ranging from DTC start-ups to Fortune 500 companies across a variety of verticals — will know you as a confident voice in the room, adept at translating disparate inputs into a cohesive strategy. You will deliver a wide range of digital strategy work while working closely with our team of expert makers to turn your ideas into innovative, multi-channel experiences.
- Assess client business/offering and identify strategic growth areas.
- Connect the dots across various initiatives and tactics from performance marketing, email marketing, website experience and functionality, data and analytics, to branding, positioning, messaging strategy, creative, and more – understanding how all those facets work together to drive growth.
- Identify initiatives and solutions that will help scale our client's business, leveraging RSR's digital capabilities and expertise in support of broader business strategy.
- There are a variety of strategic deliverables and collaboration with Creative and Media teams, including but not limited to: Marketing Roadmaps, Product Strategy (e.g. site strategy), Communications Strategy (content strategy, social strategy), overall Business Transformation (launch & acquisition strategy for new service/product offering, data & analytics integration, etc.) and Sales Enablement for B2B clients.
- Define whitespace opportunities for clients through audience, competitive, and landscape research.
- Work with creative teams to evaluate brand strategy, brand positioning, and messaging strategy.
- Create strategic briefs for creative and media teams to execute on overarching strategy.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience leading digital strategy consulting engagements with Fortune 500 companies.
- 5+ years of overall digital marketing experience, including executing growth marketing programs.
- Ability to think quickly and critically on a broad range of digital marketing topics (performance marketing, data/analytics, brand strategy, positioning/messaging, acquisition, retention, etc.) across various verticals (B2B, B2C/DTC - retail, food & drink, sports, etc.).
- Comfortable with quantitative analysis and experienced with marketing analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, attribution, etc.).
- Strong experience with customer acquisition strategy and the role of performance marketing channels (e.g. Search, Programmatic, Social, Affiliate, Email, conversion rate optimization and/or CRM).
- An understanding of the customer journey and brand touch points along the way across paid, owned, and earned/third party channels.
- Expert in current marketing trends and consumer behavior, their impact on business strategies, and their implications for sustaining competitive advantage for our clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; confident in communicating with senior marketing leaders and executives.