Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
As an (Associate) Manager, Engagement Marketing you will be responsible for executing evergreen marketing strategies across email and push channels for subscription growth and retention.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop monthly evergreen email and push calendars with the content, creative, and merchandising teams.
- Oversee and execute creative briefs for new and existing campaigns
- Execute ongoing testing regimen (subject lines, layout, format, frequency, etc.) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement
- Ensure the design of email templates in HTML to be compatible on different email clients, web browsers, and mobile
- Partner with creative and product marketing to message Rent the Runway’s brand identity and meet company performance objectives
- Lead in the development of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on email performance
- Explore new and emerging campaign formats and tools to position Rent the Runway at the front of new opportunities in technology and fashion
- You have a Bachelor's Degree plus 2/3+ years in e-commerce marketing with hands on experience building campaign and transactional emails
- You have experience building audience targeting and suppression lists
- You have experience working for the direct-to-consumer division of a multi-channel retailer or subscription-based e-commerce business preferred
- You have knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools a plus: Tableau, SQL, etc.
- You are proficient with Sailthru highly preferred. Experience with other ESP’s a plus.
- You have a strong bias for action and a get things done attitude
- You are able to work in a competitive, fast-paced and challenging environment and the want to work across multiple cross-functional teams
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver with a positive attitude
- You have strong project management skills and attention to detail
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.