Associate Manager, PR at WW (the new Weight Watchers)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
The Associate Manager, PR reports into the Senior Manager, PR and will work in partnership with the Director of U.S. PR and agency resources to provide support for all projects aimed to drive relevancy for WW, with a specific focus on managing relationships with our members.
- Monitoring the news media
- Managing incoming media requests
- Speaking with WW members about their journeys; reviewing member stories for media value
- Measuring and analyzing results (media placements, impressions, etc.)
- Facilitating ad-hoc communications with internal departments
- Managing vendor relationships to execute PR activities in a cost-efficient and productive manner
- Managing budget and billing
- 2-3 years of consumer PR experience; in-house/brand experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree – Journalism, Business, Communications, and/or Marketing preferred
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented
- Experience with PR campaign execution and reporting
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- General media knowledge across all channels; experience pitching journalists a plus
- Ability to be agile and quickly problem-solve
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks, and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.