Associate, Marketing Operations at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Marketing
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Marketing & Communications, we spend our days analyzing the market, crafting the Gemini story, and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines research, data, brand marketing, acquisition and retention tactics, PR, and all aspects of customer-facing interaction.
The Role: Marketing Operations Coordinator
As a Marketing Operations Coordinator at Gemini, you will be at the center of our marketing efforts, ensuring that Gemini’s marketing discipline is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible. You will be a strategic partner to our Brand, Growth, and Product Marketing teams, and will partner cross-functionally with our product and engineering counterparts to gain the most value out of our marketing tech stack.
You will work side-by-side with each of the marketing functions, ensuring smooth information flows between marketing and our counterparts, enabling and operationalizing a 360 view of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact in an exciting and growing industry. This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, and will report to the Marketing Operations Manager.
- Help build and manage infrastructure of key marketing systems used to optimize the marketing funnel and generate, operationalize, and report on marketing data
- Scale Gemini’s marketing operations; including data pipelines, user segmentation, reporting, IT, and vendor management
- Help monitor campaign performance and alert platform partners and relevant marketing leads regarding anomalies or performance issues
- Help develop and improve internal reporting structure and cadence
- Maintain marketing BI health and compliance with regulations, including GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Build upon existing business processes to continuously improve operational efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring standard methodologies in campaign design and management.
- Assist in key brand marketing initiatives, including events and conferences critical to Gemini’s brand growth
- 1-2+ years of marketing operations experience
- Extremely well organized with high attention to detail
- Technical fluency coupled with excellent communication skills - being able to break down complex concepts into something easy to understand and execute on
- A genuine curiosity to understand how different platforms and processes work behind the scenes, enjoy problem solving, and a desire to improve processes
- Analytically minded - strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis
- Experience with the systems, tooling, and processes that support marketing teams including: marketing automation, digital advertising, conversion measurement, ad attribution, personalization, data pipelines, and analytics
- Experience in marketing, finance, and/or technology industries
- Basic understanding of relational databases
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS/JS is a plus (you don’t have to know how to code, but knowing how to read it is beneficial)
- Proficiency with marketing data flows, marketing analytics, and martech platforms including: Branch, Braze, Contentful, Google Suite, Looker, Mixpanel, mParticle, Salesforce, and Unbounce
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.