Associate, Web Production
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
The Web Production Associate will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of all on-site marketing assets and promotions in addition to managing our monthly box experience on Birchbox.com.
We are looking for someone who has previous e-commerce experience and is highly motivated and willing to work hard to learn the Birchbox business. You’ll constantly be thinking strategically about the customer experience. Candidates must be very detail oriented, able to multitask, work independently, show initiative, and meet deadlines.
Birchbox is an energetic, extremely fast-paced startup environment. You’re the right candidate for this role if you love solving problems, adapt well in changing situations, and don’t think it’s weird to wear a cape to work.
- Produce and maintain all discount codes and/or offers, testing multiple scenarios to ensure the correct discount is/is not being applied for each cohort
- Generate gift card codes for replenishment and/or to support external initiatives
- Launch all weekly on-site touts, making sure the correct assets are being displayed for each target
- Execute heavy QA (quality assurance) of all e-mails tied to on-site assets to ensure the messaging is cohesive and accurate
- Upload monthly box customization assets, verifying that data is accurate across all systems
- Responsible for all push notifications and messages in the Birchbox App, creating new audiences when necessary
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of PDPs when needed
- Prioritize day-to-day tasks and deliver projects on schedule
- BA plus 1-2 years work experience in producing website content
- Demonstrated experience with e-commerce
- Familiarity with CMS tools
- Project management skills
- Basic experience with Magento
- Familiarity with Asana (or another task management system)
- Basic/Working Photoshop skills
...are good with numbers—you can easily do the math in your head when you’re shopping a sale or figuring out how much to tip at a restaurant
...are a stickler for the details—you pride yourself on the quality of your work and don’t send anything out without triple-checking
...are naturally organized—so much so that you try to keep everyone else organized too. You make spreadsheets for everything
...are a planner—you are able to stay on top of multiple projects and deliverables
...are a super sleuth when it comes to finding anything online—you have search engines down to a science
...are a team player–you are personable, able to project manage across disparate teams and keep your colleagues on track with their deadlines
Why is it great to work at Birchbox?
- The uncommon chance to be at the start of something huge. We dream big. We run fast. We love a challenge.
- We think cupcakes, cold brew, and guac are food groups.
- We love our work, our team, and our customers.