SmartAsset is looking for an Audience Growth Analyst to join our editorial team. The analyst will develop and prepare daily, weekly and monthly KPI reporting; project traffic and revenue of various campaigns and initiatives; and provide a wide range of other actionable insights to help guide content strategy. They will also work closely with editorial leadership to identify opportunities for SEO content creation, with the goal of spurring traffic and/or revenue growth. The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and expert-level analytical skills, including a mastery of Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of MySQL or other database management programs. A background in Python and a basic understanding of SEO is preferred.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years relevant experience as an analyst tracking website data
- B.S. or B.A. in marketing, statistics, mathematics, data science, economics or another related field
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, VLookups, data visualizations, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience using MySQL or other database management programs
- Proficiency in Python or another object-oriented programming language strongly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives, including developing quantitative analyses and extracting actionable insights
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive and analytical mind, strong disposition to learn, and an exceptional team player
- Understanding of SEO strategy and tools like SEMrush
- Background in personal finance topics and knowledge of the competitive landscape