At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world’s first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a passionate, strategic, and multifaceted Brand Marketing Manager to join our Brand & Content Team and help usher in a new chapter for TpT’s much celebrated, teacher-centric brand.
The Brand Marketing Manager translates the company’s brand strategy into brand narratives, strategic marketing plans, and campaign deliverables. This is a linchpin role in helping to communicate who we are and what we care about, and ultimately defines the brand.
You’ll use your skills and experience in marketing strategy, operations, campaign planning -- as well as great writing and customer analysis skills -- to effectively reach and engage our audiences. You’ll play a critical role in supporting the larger marketing team in achieving our top messaging and business goals.
And because we're a mission-driven company, you'll feel great about the marketing you’ll lead. You'll be contributing to the success of key brand and company initiatives that focus on unlocking the collective wisdom of teachers and giving more educators the resources they need to teach at their best.
- Partner with Head of Brand & Content to develop TpT’s new branding and implement it across our customer-facing properties. These include some of the highest value pages - on our site, blog, and social - in time for Back to School 2021 and beyond.
- Act as a steward for TpT’s brand voice. Help ensure key brand messages are incorporated throughout marketing initiatives and work with other content creators to bring coherence and consistency to what we publish.
- Lead brand campaign efforts for Back to School, Teacher Appreciation Week, Giving Tuesday, and other key moments in ways that engage our priority audiences and support the success of our key priorities.
- Lead campaign coordination for a cross-functional group through briefs, calendars, meetings and other effective organizational means.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and TpT’s audiences, and create strategies and outputs that elevate the brand.
- Partner with channel owners, sales team, and other cross-functional partners to distribute outputs and measure their effectiveness.
- Develop new branded programs to increase teacher activation and engagement within our product portfolio.
- Support market research and application of insights as they relate to our evolving digital-focused, school-focused, and core brand initiatives.
Qualities of a successful candidate
- Your sweet spot is in setting a big picture brand narrative, enrolling teammates in that vision, and translating it to specific campaigns and deliverables
- You're productive and efficient, able to juggle multiple stakeholders and projects at one time, and get it all done in a fast-paced, growing company
- You are an energetic ideas person, constantly generating
- You’re also comfortable exercising the analytical part of your brain and have a working knowledge of marketing analytics that allows you to derive insights from data
- You have excellent strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills
- You have a collaborative work style, high tolerance for ambiguity and change, and are able to incorporate feedback and manage to deadlines
- You translate ideas into jargon-free, thoughtful, and concise copy
- You present recommendations and decisions in a clear and articulate manner, both in writing and in person
- You bring exceptional attention to detail
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience
- Must be impact-oriented
- Strong understanding of the education industry and teachers
- Passion for our mission
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.