Brand Strategy Coordinator
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. Our inaugural product – The Daily Skimm – is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, with an engaged community of well over 7 million active subscribers and an industry-crushing open rate. Our suite of products has grown with the launch of Skimm Ahead, which debuted as #1 in news and #9 overall in the Apple App Store. It syncs directly with your calendar and informs you of important events you don't want to miss. It also has an audio experience that goes deeper on the topics you’re always reading about. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
The Brand Strategy team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, creative and resourceful hustlers who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands and clients we partner with. We’re seeking an enthusiastic Brand Strategist who is eager to contribute to our growing media business by working cross-functionally on pre-sale strategy and RFP response.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
theSkimm is seeking a Brand Strategy Coordinator to join the Brand Strategy team. The team plays an integral role in the development of sponsored marketing programs across theSkimm’s product suite. As a Brand Strategist, you will:
- Assist in the development, ideation and strategic thinking of best-in-class marketing solutions for theSkimm’s strategic advertising partners
- Collaborate with brand strategy counterparts to brainstorm concepts for a variety of brands in response to proactive and RFP based client requests
- Work with brand strategy counterparts to advise on media plans and pricing structure for advertising campaigns
- Assist in the creation, organization, and dissemination of ad hoc sales marketing materials that could include packages, product one-sheets, and case studies
- Organize brainstorms, meeting agendas, and manage gathering/organizing of information from the brainstorms
- Be the liaison between the creative, sales, insights, product, and editorial teams to gather information and data needed for pre-sale
- Provide support for members of the internal sales team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 0-2 years in a marketing role with a focus on building cross-platform digital marketing programs
- Experience with Keynote and Powerpoint
- Strategic, enthusiastic, creative thinker with the ability to work under pressure to meet both internal and external deadlines
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with different stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Highly motivated self-starter that is extremely detail oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.