Brand Strategy Manager at Peloton
The Peloton brand is one of the most special brands in the world. Our mission is to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Peloton’s values inform everything we do, from product strategy, to hiring, to decision-making.
- Put Members First - Design with a user-centered mindset. Obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience.
- Operate with a bias for action - Challenge the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Take risks, fail fast and learn from past failures.
- Empower teams of smart creatives - Hire the best and get out of the way. Think and act like owners. Stay lean, scrappy and creative.
- Together we go far - Build a diverse and inclusive community. Uphold the obligation to dissent and listen. Presume trust and be transparent.
The Peloton Brand Strategy team is looking for an experienced brand strategist to help grow, evolve, and protect the Peloton brand. Working in a fast-paced environment on our growing team, this person is responsible for designing insights-led strategies to increase awareness of Peloton and drive deeper affinity for our brand and products. To do so, this person will help establish and evolve Peloton’s brand strategy and the positioning of Peloton’s products across all categories. This person will also be responsible for leading strategic projects focused on brand architecture, naming strategy, and messaging strategy. They will be a skilled brand storyteller who brings an audience-focused, strategic approach to brand building. With proven experience revealing the compelling human and cultural stories behind every data point, this person will challenge assumptions, inspire cross-functional teams and develop impactful brand building strategies rooted in our consumers’ and Members’ needs.
- Build scalable and effective brand strategies including positioning, architecture, naming and messaging for Peloton’s brand, portfolio, and individual products
- Become an expert on Peloton’s brand, products, target customer, and Members
- Partner with the Consumer Insights Team to ensure insights are leveraged for key strategy projects and to validate elements of the brand strategy with consumers and Members via research as needed
- Understand and contextualize audience behavior, category insights, product value propositions as well as technological and cultural trends to develop clear and actionable strategy recommendations
- Partner with product marketers, brand managers, and Member marketing teams to translate strategy into tactical plans for implementation
- Design and deliver creative briefs, collaborating with and supporting creative teams internally and/or agency partners externally as they translate strategy into consumer-facing assets
- Deliver clear and compelling presentations of strategies and ideas grounded in data to senior stakeholders
- Be a brand evangelist and influence cross-functional teams and partners, ensuring brand strategy is reflected in work and activities across the company
- Collaborate across Global Marketing to build and drive the Peloton brand
- 4-6 years of brand strategy experience at a leading consultancy, brand strategy agency, or in-house brand team
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience developing purpose-led brand positioning
- Experience positioning new products/services and translating that positioning into actionable implications across the customer experience
- Experience designing and developing effective, measurable brand-building strategies
- Experience designing and evolving brand architecture
- Experience managing multiple high-profile, cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Experience managing external agencies and/or partnering with internal creative teams
- Is an independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Is forward-thinking, extremely organized, and has an obsession for detail
- Brings a strong passion for Peloton’s brand and products, the fitness category, and consumer brands more broadly
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.