Brand Strategy Manager at theSkimm
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Brand Strategy team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, creative and resourceful hustlers who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands and clients we partner with. We’re seeking an enthusiastic Brand Strategist who is eager to contribute to our growing media business by working cross-functionally on pre-sale strategy and RFP response.
theSkimm is seeking a Brand Strategy Manager to join the Brand Strategy team. The team plays an integral role in the ideation and development of sponsored marketing programs across theSkimm’s product suite.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Drive the development, ideation and strategic thinking of best-in-class marketing solutions for theSkimm’s strategic advertising partners
- Own the strategic platform for marketing programs and partner with internal teams, including Marketing, Editorial, Insights, Product,
- Social & Video, to ensure recommendations are smart and cohesive
- Provide quick and thoughtful packaging of strategic recommendations into smart, concise marketing collateral and proposals
- Attend client and agency meetings to learn about new initiatives, brainstorm and present recommendations
- Identify new/proactive opportunities and positioning for brand partners/verticals leveraging proprietary data and research
- Assist in creation of ad hoc sales marketing materials that could include packages, product one-sheets, case studies and best practices
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5-7 years building cross-platform digital marketing programs
- Strategic, creative thinker with a proven track record of turning ideas into holistic content programs
- Excellent writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills
- Design-minded with ability to create effective visual presentations; Proficiency in Keynote
- Ability to work well with different stakeholders across organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables with hard deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter that is extremely detail oriented
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm brand and our products
- Keen understanding of the nuances of branded content and go to market positioning
- Experience managing RFP pipeline and working with Sales, Insights, Creative and Design team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.