Buyer Success Associate, New York at SevenFifty
We are a technology company serving an industry ripe for change, and we need your help leading the buyer marketplace into the future.
If you’ve worked as a beverage buyer in New York, you understand the challenge of finding what you need in a marketplace with hundreds of wine, beer, and spirits distributors, each with its own exclusive rights to the brands they represent.
Eight years ago SevenFifty revolutionized the industry by bringing these distributors’ portfolios online, allowing buyers, for the first time, to search and explore all products on a single site.
Now, we’re changing the industry again and bringing the buyer ordering process online. We’re building a community of buyers, distributors, and beverage alcohol professionals, and we’d love to have you on our team.
The Role: Buyer Success Associate, New York:
SevenFifty set the standard for beverage alcohol distributor portfolios in New York, Massachusetts, Georgia, and many other markets. Some buyers who began their careers before SevenFifty launched can’t imagine doing their jobs without it. As one customer says “I use SevenFifty at least once a day, it’s my go-to for all of my ordering needs, it’s convenient (I even use it on my mobile when I’m ordering on the run or away). I like the way the search works and how it helps me build my beverage program.”
Four years ago we added a marketplace, allowing buyers to create and send orders directly to their distributor sales reps, centralizing that process, and offering the fastest, most efficient means of buying beverage available.
Both the search and the ordering tools are completely free to licensed buyers, and the opportunity to increase these numbers is vast. The Buyer Success Associate will educate users about how this feature works.
Reporting to the Marketplace Director, the Buyer Success Associate will work with buyers, both those already in our network and those unfamiliar with SevenFifty, to help them move past these obstacles and adopt our ordering technology.
What’s in it for you? The chance to define the future of a $250 billion industry and to move into a role equally grounded in the world of drinks and of technology startups.
What you’ll do:
- Become a power-user of the SevenFifty Buyer app.
- Offer support via email to all newly approved buyers in New York.
- Book in-person and remote meetings to help train buyers on our platform.
- Pitch SevenFifty ordering to newly approved buyers on SevenFifty, non-ordering buyers, and buyers not yet using SevenFifty onsite at buyers’ establishments.
- Track and follow-up on the outcomes of buyers’ early ordering attempts to ensure that communication with their reps is smooth and that their orders are filled.
- Convert buyers from non-SevenFifty users and SevenFifty searchers to consistent SevenFifty orderers.
- Bring feedback from buyers to SevenFifty teammates for immediate troubleshooting and systematic problem solving.
What you'll have:
- Clear, concise, and friendly short-form writing in email and chat;
- Efficient calendar management, enabling you to keep a high volume of appointments;
- Comfort learning and using a variety of software tools;
- Experience as a beverage buyer or distributor sales rep, or a strong familiarity with their processes;
- The ability to establish and cultivate working relationships with a large number of clients;
- Proficiency with standard office software applications (word processing, spreadsheets), email, and web searching.
What it’s like to work here:
- We’re a hybrid remote team of 50-ish people, most based in the NYC-metro area, with dedicated spaces for regular team meetings.
- We are former hospitality professionals excited about shaping an industry.
- We like to take pilates or spin, grab drinks, and eat good food together.
- We have bookclub, game nights, cocktail classes, wine tastings, and bakeoffs.
- We offer employees the chance to earn their WSET Level 2 certification
Perks & benefits:
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision;
- Meaningful equity;
- Unlimited vacation to rest and recover;
- Learning opportunities (like WSET!);
- Commission based upon achievement of goals.
- Open the door: Ask, listen, and empower others
- Respect the craft: Commit to excellence and integrity in your work.
- Stir it up: Embrace experimentation and bring new ideas to life.
- Keep the glass full: Do more than is expected, for yourself and for others.
- Light the way: Lead in the service of others