Campaign Operations Manager at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want innovators who are passionate about seeing our customers succeed at scale.
We are looking for an experienced marketer with a passion for helping developers and small businesses succeed with cloud technology. You are well-versed in marketing technology, with an emphasis on marketing automation and campaign management. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you will play a leading role in creating and executing communications into the DigitalOcean customer base that generate understanding and usage of our products. You will work with a variety of teams including Product, Support, Product Marketing, Programs/Events, and Developer Relations to drive awareness of the fast-paced innovation occurring across the company. You will have the opportunity to reimagine our holistic approach to communicating with our customers, balancing the stories we want to tell with our customers’ appetite to engage.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Deploying communications to the DigitalOcean customer base: Campaigns include product announcements, event and content promotions, newsletters, and account notifications
- Exemplifying Campaign Operations best practices: Create and adhere to a campaign operations checklist, including quality assurance checks prior to each campaign deployment
- Working cross-functionally: Work with channel and product owners to execute communications that enable our customers to succeed
- Maintaining database hygiene: Ensure our marketing database stays up-to-date with internal requirements and is in compliance with regulations, such as GDPR
- Analyzing results to inform recommendations: Create reporting frameworks to measure success of campaigns, close loop with stakeholders on performance, and offer ideas for program improvements
- Experience building email campaigns: Hands-on experience building campaigns in marketing automation platforms (preferably Marketo), including work with email templates, lists and databases, landing pages, and forms
- Knowledge of data flow: High-level understanding of how user data flows between core systems; data warehouse, Segment, CRM (Salesforce), and marketing automation platform (Marketo)
- Project management: Strong attention to detail and ability to understand and plan against cross-dependencies to drive projects forward; experience with JIRA a plus
- Collaborative expertise: A proven track record of working cross-functionally to execute improvements in the customer journey is a must
- Digital marketing knowledge: Understanding of channels outside of email, such as paid advertising, content/SEO, or channel marketing
- Strong writing: Ability to write effective copy and proofread as part of quality assurance
- Strategic thinking: Ability to go beyond “pressing send” by leveling up the quality of campaigns reaching our customers
- Domain experience: Experience marketing cloud solutions to developers and businesses; familiarity with cloud infrastructure a plus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!