Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
As the Chief Marketing Office of the company, you will champion the go-to-market strategy of the company leading the effort to take our innovative products and content to millions of users across a diverse set of audiences throughout the world. You will make strategic investments across the marketing stack to build inclusive communication representative of our global audience, user acquisition and retention capabilities to meet near term as well as long term business goals. You will build a high performing diverse team and manage execution to achieve strong results in a capital efficient and sustainable manner.
If you want to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives, join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the marketing function at Codecademy overseeing marketing for all business lines across markets
- Elevate Codecademy’s global brand position to resonate with a diverse set of audiences serving different user needs.
- Build multiple user acquisition channels for all business lines across B2C and B2B.
- Create lifecycle marketing capabilities to engage customers for extended journeys on the Codecademy platform.
- Partner with different departments such as Finance and Product to set targets and develop execution plans for user acquisition through different channels.
- Manage eight-figure budgets for fixed and variable expenses.
- Scale current team of ~15 FTEs to a team of 30+ that reflects the users we wish to serve in the next 12-18 months.
- Invest in development and coaching of the team to ensure their success and growth, including participation in key planning decisions and execution of plans.
What you will need:
- SaaS Experience: Candidates must have 10+ years of experience building both B2C as well as B2B subscription or SaaS business models building large P&Ls.
- Full-stack domain expertise: Candidates should have experience across the full marketing stack including growth, demand gen, brand, product marketing, creative and others.
- Strategic thinking: Candidates should be strategic in building multiple user acquisition channels managing LTV/CAC targets, with an eye on sustainable long term growth.
- Entrepreneurial: While candidates should have experience at scale, they should be comfortable operating as a player/coach and rolling up their sleeves to get into execution. They should be able to “dive deep.”
- Collaboration skills: Candidates should have a track record of partnering successfully with different functions to champion the customer experience and reach company-wide goals.
- Management and Team Building: The ideal candidate has built and managed diverse and representative marketing teams across different marketing functions.
- History of Inclusive Campaigns: Candidates should have demonstrated experience developing and executing inclusive and responsive marketing campaigns for diverse users.
What will make you stand out:
- A background in Computer Science
- Experience working in the Education or EdTech space
- Experience leading teams through growth to late stage scale
- An MBA or equivalent graduate degree
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.