Clinical Product & Content Specialist, Manager (PharmD, RN, NP, PA - Remote or NYC)
We're looking for a Clinical Product & Content Specialist to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll be responsible for the development and maintenance of clinical oncology content, and for partnering with the Product Development and Engineering teams to integrate that content into Flatiron’s technology platform in order to make it useful for clinicians and patients. The Clinical Product & Content Specialist will interact and collaborate closely with the Clinical Oncology, Product Development, Medical Informatics, Account Management, Implementation, Support, Product Marketing, and Product Operations teams to successfully execute on initiatives foundational to the company’s strategic vision. In addition, you'll also:
- Partner with Product Development teams to develop, integrate, and maintain clinical oncology content and clinical product features/functionality in OncoEMR
- Assist in the development of strategies to deploy and scale clinical content and product functionality across the Flatiron customer network
- Design processes and quality control programs around creation and production of clinical oncology content, including refresh processes to ensure all content is up to date and appropriately documented
- Assist in the development of release notes for clinical content changes and product functionality
- Work with Product and Operations teams to guide successful rollout of clinical features in OncoEMR to our customers
- Work closely with Implementation, Account Management, and Support teams to provide clinical/workflow knowledge in onboarding new and supporting existing practices utilizing OncoEMR
- Draft internal and external education and training materials, and support training for OncoEMR content
- Educate various Flatiron teams on oncology topics and clinical content
- Provide content support to OncoEMR customers
- Ensure clinical accuracy of medical information in technology platforms and materials
- Consult the Flatiron Provider Network of practices to provide guidance and receive feedback on appropriate use of clinical content and workflows across products
- Support the Clinical Oncology team when needed with other product initiatives, including content development, QA, and workflow updates in each of the software products
The Clinical Oncology team is responsible for ensuring the safety and usability of Flatiron’s community oncology provider-facing software, initiatives, and workflows. The team is comprised primarily of oncology clinicians who are embedded directly within Flatiron’s Product and Engineering teams to develop safe, intuitive workflows in OncoEMR, Flatiron’s cloud-based electronic health record, and who develop and integrate oncology clinical content into Flatiron’s technology platform to make it useful for clinicians and patients.
Who You Are
You're a PharmD, RN, NP or PA with 5+ years in a clinical oncology practice. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have an advanced degree in pharmacy or nursing or physician assistant (PharmD, RN, NP, PA)
- You must have 5+ years clinical practice experience within an oncology setting
- You have a deep understanding of oncology-specific electronic medical records and how these systems impact clinical workflow
- You have an understanding of and familiarity with molecular medicine and oncology diagnostic factors
- You have an understanding of and familiarity with clinical informatics and/or data analysis
- You have excellent technology skills (includes oncology-specific electronic medical records)
- You have the ability to translate complex clinical concepts and risks for a non-clinical audience
- You are results-oriented, detail-oriented, and analytic
- You are self-motivated and autonomous with a nose for value and ability to prioritize
- You are able to travel (up to ~15% of the time)
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.