Communications Associate at Squarespace
Squarespace's external communications team advances the company's goals through earned media strategies, while also building and protecting its reputation through creative campaigns targeting our key stakeholders.
Our team cares deeply about supporting the millions of people using Squarespace to make their dream a reality, and is looking for a Communications Associate who is driven to uncover new and innovative ways to share our brand’s mission and our customers’ stories with the world. In this role, you will also secure earned media coverage, develop messaging and build communications strategies to amplify content, campaigns and partnerships.
This role will be based in our NYC headquarters and report to our Head of Consumer & Product Communications.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop relationships with key media and manage press opportunities including staffing interviews, developing briefing materials, and monitoring for coverage
- Craft press materials including releases and pitches
- Collaborate with team members in Marketing, Creative, and Product to uncover unique storytelling opportunities for the brand
- Amplify the work being produced in support of our customers by pitching and securing coverage for our award winning campaigns, content and partnerships
- Measure the impact of our efforts by overseeing reporting and coverage analysis, and tracking quarterly progress
- Oversee external award submissions for Squarespace and executives
- Assist with overall monitoring and managing press inquiries
- 4+ years of experience working in-house or at agency (agency experience preferred)
- Earned media experience, with existing relationships across consumer, tech and trade press, and the ability to demonstrate results
- Excellent writing and research skills, especially when it comes to crafting compelling pitches and press materials
- Experience in project management and partnering with cross functional teams
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.